Cynthia Lui MP
Member for Cook
Member for Cook Cynthia Lui is pleased that eight not-for-profit organisations in Mareeba will share over $225,500 in funding from the Palaszczuk Government’s Gambling Community Benefit Fund (GCBF) super round.
“I am always grateful when I see hard working local organisations who depend on volunteers and fundraising get funding. These organisations offer opportunities to locals and make a wonderful contribution to our communities,” Ms Lui said.
“I was really pleased that the ‘Friends of the Animals’ received $30,000 to construct a storage shed. I know how hard they work to fundraise and their commitment to protecting animals is commendable.”
Friends of the Animals, Jennifer Walsh said this funding will make a huge difference. Since operating out of the new facility, we have been paying $165 per month for a storage container, as the new facility lacks storage space. This means we will no longer have this cost which will make a huge difference to us.”
Mareeba Rugby League Club President, John Arcidiacono said their $54,879 grant will cover the cost of a scoreboard that will be a massive benefit to both junior and senior games, as it displays the scores and timing, and we can use it for advertising to give our sponsors greater exposure. I would like to pass on my special thanks, as its not every day these grants come along.”
“Congratulation to the following community organisations:
- Mareeba Community Housing Company - $15,000 to install a fence and gates
- Mareeba Heritage Centre - $32,354.32 to upgrade and fit out an office
- Mareeba Swimming Club - $22,971 to purchase equipment
- Mareeba Tennis Club - $55,324.72 to upgrade kitchen appliances
- FNQ.RC INC. Mareeba - $5,989.00 to purchase a Timing System and Backpack Blower
- Mount Molloy Boiler Block Benefit Committee - $9,000 to purchase a trailer and portable toilets
If your not-for-profit organisation would like to apply for the next round of funding, please visit: https://www.justice.qld.gov.au/initiatives/community-grants
MEDIA CONTACT: Cook Electorate Office – 4223 1100